Thursday, March 5, 2009

Freschetta Pizza Hack!

My oh so lucky perfect wonderful (can you tell how happy I am about this!) family got to eat pizza and wings for dinner....my fave :( Luckily it wasn't ny style greasy pizza or I would have been too sad to even post this. Since there wasn't too much else to eat or at least that I was in the mood for, I hacked Freschetta and made my own damn pizza......screw it, the crust isn't my fave anyway.

My low-carb pizza (again very fattening, just warning ya!)

The line up~ again almost all from Aldi's. I had pizza sauce leftover from when my little sisters visited and we made mini-pizzas so I am using that. I am also using the cheese I have (Italian & Cheddar)..you can use any kind/amount and I am using Trader Joe's (my other fave store) 21 Seasoning Salute.



And let me remind you of what the freschetta looks like BEFORE we hack it!



I swear I did't eat that piece.Kylie did!

So take some pizza sauce and spread a thin layer on a small plate.



Then add some 21 Seasoning Salute or whatever seasonings you want..I would have added oregano but for some odd reason it must not have survived the move. Grocery list check!



Now add your cheese (s)...




At this point, you can add mushrooms, black olives, anything you want..I opted for cheese but you will see why shortly. Now put it in the microwave for 1-2 mins, enough to melt the cheese.



To top mine off, I hacked the freschetta pizza and stole the toppings right off...that's right, folks..I plan on telling SO that they just fell off. Slid right off when I tried to take the piece.



Now if only I could get to that damn chicken inside!!! My breaded hot chicken wings hack gone awry!

No comments: