Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 4

I am by no means trying to put myself into a little box as a low-carb or diet blog. I am a food fanatic so I am sure I will be sharing lots of recipes and they won't all be low-carb. For the time being, blogging about it is making me accountable. Even if you aren't low-carbing, these recipes are still really good. If you want to try low-carb, hopefully I can inspire you.

Day 4 ~ I have gotten over my immediate cravings..food isn't pulling me like a zombie to the kitchen the second I get out of bed. I can stare at a candy bar and have no desire to eat it. Also, very notable...my joint pain is GONE! I usually wake up in the morning and feel like I got run over by a bus. The last 2 days I woke up..feeling my age LOL! My skin hasn't been as dry (probably because I am drinking more water) and my mood swings have subsided. Now granted by the end of day 2, you would have thought I was in the midst of the worst PMS EVER! My head throbbed, my jaw ached, my hand shook...I was in essence detoxing myself. I had to go through withdraw no different than caffeine, alcohol or drugs. It was painful but once you get over the hump, it's all rainbows and unicorns on the other side. Yesterday I only ate some eggs in the morning, a salad for lunch and a small plate of my cheeseburger meal for dinner. I am not obsessively searching for loads of desserts to make. I am not counting my carbs because as long as I am eliminating starchy white foods and sugar..I feel good about what I am doing. Although Atkins Induction is 20 gms or less..I still know I will lose weight on less than 50 carbs. Not to mention, moving into next week will have my appetite lowered even more and I can focus on making better choices.

No comments: