Monday, March 2, 2009

Articulous Artichoke dip and Rosemary Bread

I am a massively huge fan of artichoke dip....so much that I have scoured the internet and tried just about every recipe there ever was...just when I thought I had found the best (recipe provided below), my sister and I discovered ~

COSTCO!!!!!

I bow to the Costco artichoke Gods~ they make me fat and happy!~!!! To top it all off, they sell this amazing bread called Rosemary and Olive Oil....heat it up in the oven to warm it and heat the dip...together~ it's orgasmic..i kid you not.

Next time you are at Costco, I beg you....grab the dip in the refrigerated back bins and the bread from the bakery section. You will NOT be disappointed. I will no longer make artichoke dip...this is my new mantra.

Now prior to this...the best dip recipe I had found for artichoke dip is actually an artichoke and spinach dip. I have rec'd rave reviews on it at many a potlucks and family get-togethers. However, it is pretty pricey to make and takes a little time. Very good though. I am posting the recipe below so you can try it too :)

Serves: 12
Prep. Time:
0:40

2 cloves garlic - minced
2 Tbls. minced onion
1/4 cup real butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sour cream
(2) 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach - thawed, squeezed dry
12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese


-In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes.
-Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
-Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling.
-Once boiling, stir in Romano, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
-Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.
-Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.
-Sprinkle cheddar evenly over top(s).
-At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired.
-Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted.

Notes: Serve with tortilla chips for dipping

No comments: