Wednesday, February 18, 2009


I have been packaging bits and pieces of my life into cardboard boxes in our attempt to move in one week. First it was working around our work schedules and daycare...then my little friend "Strep Throat" stepped in and took matters into his own hands. I have been off work all week with a nasty case of the little bugger. Other than laying in bed, I haven't been able to do much else let alone even think of moving boxes over to the new place. I took over about 4 car loads of small things over the weekend and then Monday sorted through the boxes and started unpacking. We have not moved the furniture over yet so there isn't much I can do as far as organizing and storing.
IKEA is calling my name! I have already picked out a new bed for kylie, a bookshelf, some storage solutions and a sofa set. I also need some area rugs. I am getting a new dining room set this weekend as well. So much to do...so little time. We have moved so many times that we usually pass on our furniture and make room for new stuff. Each location has been different with different sized ceilings, rooms and different colors. It's a good thing that we have always travelled light. I do pride myself on being so portable. I also despise putting too many roots down....nothing is ever constant.
Alas, moving will have to be postponed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from a fellow OLS'r. Great blog! I'm just getting started to! I am following you now. I have 2 contests going on mine right now. Love for you to visit!


Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
jannajanna@hotmail.com
http://feedyourpig.blogspot.com
http://feedyourpiggiveaways.blogspot.com

Michael said...

Speaking of IKEA and crafty beavers...

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/29/sick-of-ikea-design-your-own-stuff-and-get-rich-while-youre-at-it/

"You know that doohickey you’ve wanted to make for the last decade, but you’ve never had the right materials or equipment? The one that’s going to make you rich? Your time for glory has arrived."

http://www.ponoko.com/