Monday, April 20, 2009

The deaths of April

I always thought Fall was a time of death and reinvention..at least personally. This year Spring has shown me differently. There have been numerous "deaths"...physically and metaphorically for me this April that have affected me personally. First there was the untimely demise of eBay for me. eBay has been a huge part of my for many years and I have slowly watched it become less and less of an auction site. All of the changes starting with the increase of fees to the changes in feedback and made the site go downhill. I clung with all my might to the last little strings of hope...pushing the naysayers negativity away. I wanted to believe that eBay wouldn't fail me. I wanted to believe that my way of extra income would continue to support me for years to come. However this month I have learned it's finally time to let go. I have never had such horrible sales as I have had recently. I had two refunds which I couldn't argue about in fear of negative feedback. I had one person claim they never rec'd their package. Half of my stuff sold for not even close to what I could have sold it for on Craigslist...and I have never had so many buyers with so little feedback buy from me. I have one person who never paid. Since they have no fear of retaliation from me, they flat out told me they couldn't afford to pay and would just pay me my ebay fees. WTF??? Damn, I wish I could do this...just bid like crazy and then tell people..opps I am a little low on cash this week..how about I pay you next week? Goodbye my friend. I am ready to move on.

Myspace ~ At one point in time I was changing my background like crazy....adding friends..pimping my music player but then I discovered Facebook! I still have my page up and I still log in occassionally but I am now updating facebook from my blackberry daily.

Francie Billotti Wood and her three children in Middletown,MD ~just breaks my heart. I knew Francie from freecycle and she had shared some clothing with me once upon a time. My prayers are with the family and I hope they have peace. And since no one else is going to say it..I guess I will ~ Chris Wood - I don't care whether your job sucked ass or not. I don't care whether you were depressed and banging some whore on your many business trips. We can sit here and blame it on your antidepressants, your hard life, your recent job change..but in the end, there is no excuse for what you did. You didn't even give your children a chance to experience life...to fall in love...to dream of adventures..to have their own children. You beat them, you stabbed them, you shot them, you cut them...Chris, you were a pussy...not a man.

No comments: